Friday, May 15, 2009

So Glad We're Friends - MOJO86


Ahhh... at long last! I have been remiss in posting this week. I intended to post at least every other day, but... you know... life happens! I have one boy with pink eye, another with fussy-itis, and we're all getting cabin fever from staying home! I'm also "in transition" with my newly cleared craft space in my husband's office, so I keep putting off my creations until I get all set up... but you know how that goes! I ended up having to dig out of my rolling totes to make this week's Mojo submission after the kiddos were asleep. Anyhoo... here's what I came up with! I punched the flowers out of a patterned paper by Amanda Blu called Elle Floral Black, adhered them with adhesive foam, and placed a clear drop in the middle. I had a hard time finding an image for the center panel. A floral stamp looked odd to me with the flowers on the side... and most of my images are wider than the panel (guess that means I get to buy some narrower images!). I ended up using a sentiment from a Stampin' Up hostess set called Best Yet. I stamped a light blue leaf behind the sentiment but the photo doesn't show it well. The leaf is a stamp from the "Spiral Bouquet" set by PaperTrey Ink. I just love the colors in this paper!

Paper: Elle Stripe, Elle Leaves, and Elle Floral Black (Amanda Blu & Co.); cardstock (Bazzill)
Stamps: Best Yet (SU); Spiral Bouquet (PaperTrey)
Ink: black (Stazon) ; light blue marker (Marvy)
Accessories: clear drops (KaiserCraft); scallop blade (Cutterpede); scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida); dimensionals (SU)

1 comment:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card! Love the rich colours!