Sunday, May 24, 2009

Praying for You WSC82


Here's my submission for this week's Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by the wonderfully talented (and beautiful) Mary Jo Albright!  I pulled out the "Grandpa Floral" Wild Asparagus designer paper again... because it's just so pretty... but this time I used the tree image and a sentiment from Stampin' Up's "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set.  I used markers to color the tree before stamping it, and made a faux button by punching a circle out of cardstock, piercing little holes in it, and drawing thread lines on it.  Turned out kinda cute if you ask me!  

Paper:  Grandpa Floral (Wild Asparagus - MME)
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers (SU)
Ink: Timber Brown (Stazon); markers (SU)
Accessories: tiny rhinestone gems (Kaisercraft); grey velvet ric-rac; circle punch and corner rounder (EK Success); paper piercer; sponge for edges; dimensionals (SU)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love the soft colors and the paper you used. Very nicely done.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the paper piercing!