Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Which way should I go?

Well, I have been struggling the last few days with what direction I should take with this blog. I don't have a craft room or a good space to spread out, so I keep all my goodies in rolling totes and have to drag it all out every time I want to make something. I have two small boys so I have to put it all away when I'm done or there could be trouble. Needless to say, not many cards are made very often in my world. I do, however, spend a lot of time designing layouts on my laptop on my sofa while the boys play or nap and have a gazillion made so far. That has been feeding my creative cravings, but if I want to gain any recognition for my work, I should probably participate in sketch challenges to bring people to my blog! So... I've been surfing around for the sketch challenges that get a lot of participation and will make a point to participate in two to three of them a week. I will also post one of my own layouts each week with a card to go with it. I won't call it a sketch challenge yet since I only have one follower so far, but maybe it will turn into one if I get enough traffic! We'll have to see. Anyway, I am now off to drag out my craft goodies so I can participate in the Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week. As far as I can see, it gets the most traffic... 300-450 submissions each week! If anyone else reads this post, please comment if you participate in other popular sketch challenges. I will probably participate in the Friday Sketch at Prairie Paper & Ink, the Splitcoast Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge, and maybe the My Favorite Things sketch challenge on Thursdays via SCS. I might also try to do the Weekend Sketch Challenge on Fridays or Jen's Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) on Saturdays at "i{heart}2stamp." That's a lot of challenges though. It leaves me only Tuesday for my own sketch post! What have I gotten myself into???

No comments: